Thursday 19 March 2015

Genetic Evidence of Dark Age Britain

It's been a while since I posted an update, but yes I'm still here and busy with lots of new projects. At the moment these are mainly terrain and seem to be taking up most of my free hobby time. Anyway, updates on these projects will follow soon(ish). In the meantime I thought folks may be interested in this recent DNA study of people living in the United Kingdon (for those of you from distant lands that's Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England).

My own family originate from County Cavan in Eire so sadly are not included in the study. I'm guessing that folks from Cavan would have a similar genetic make-up to those from Northern Ireland, but given the remarkable difference between populations from North and South Wales who knows?!





1 comment:

  1. I was under the impression that the peoples of the British Isles were essentially all the same (generically speaking), so I'm a bit surprised at this new finding. Perhaps it's a more sensitive test than previous ones?

    ReplyDelete